1. Advertising Specials: If a magazine offers a “two for one” deal, or a “pay for 3 and get a fourth ad free”, take advantage of it; it’s Free Advertising!
2. Free Listings: Some publications offer to list your name and address Free, if you have something that you offer “free for the asking” to their readers. This can be a “free sample”, a free list of customers; or whatever. Tell publishers what you have to offer!
3. Print a Booklet Offering Tips: List tips or what-have-you, and on the inside pages, or in the back, place some of your own Free ads!!
4. The Piggy-Back Method: Every time you get ready to mail a letter or fill an order, place other ads in the envelope; it costs you no more and it’s like getting a free ad!!
5. Free “Give-Aways”: These can be pens, rulers; key chains, etc., each with YOUR ad message and address on each one. Give them away and your Free Ad rides along!
6. Your Own Advertiser/Newsletter: Issue it regularly; sell ad space in it and subscriptions to it. They pay for the printing and postage, and YOUR ads in it, too, at no cost to you!
7. Trade Products/Services for Ad Space: If you have something which a publisher needs, trade what they want, for ad space!
8. Provide Commission Ads to Dealers: Your dealers place YOUR ads over THEIR name! Free Ads for your products!
9. Columns; Releases, etc.: Publishers will often print these free, if it’s NEWS, or interesting to their readers! Send notices out to editors and get free ads in exchange!
10. Share Costs With Others: Get together with other dealers and mailers. Split costs and quantities with others. Your ads go FREE to HIS customers, and HIS go free to yours!
11. Offer Your Commission Ads to Publishers: They insert them as “mailer/distributor” commission ads! They cost you nothing and can get you lots of orders!
12. Your Product as a BONUS Item on Another’s Flyer: This can increase the other person’s orders, and YOUR product gets advertised on HIS fliers, etc!
13. Place PIM-50 Phrases in your Ads: This says to Publisher: “Insert my ad in your publication and I’ll help distribute 50″ (or more) copies for you. It’s another kind of “trade deal” with publishers.
14. Give a Talk or Seminar: Contact local clubs, and organizations. They always seek outside speakers. After you talk about your business or your product, hand out flyers, etc. It’s like getting free advertising!
15. Ads on Bulletin Boards: Put up flyers on grocery, laundry bulletin boards.
16. Make a Rubber Stamp of your Ad: Stamp it everywhere you can. Stamp it on envelopes; flyers; etc.
17. Be Listed as a Source in Back of Books: Often writers will want to list references and sources in their books. Get the work out to authors! Look for ads offering Free Ads!!
18. Discount to “a Friend”: Tell your customers you will give discounts to anyone they send your way! It’s Word of Mouth advertising; the best you can get and it’s free!
Free advertising is any message that goes out to prospective buyers without cost to you! There are lots of ways to get others to spread the word about what you offer! Try these methods; and you’ll get lot of free ads; which mean more responses and more orders!
Written by: CHRISTENSEN’S,
1412 Mt. Shasta Dr.
San Jose, CA 95127
Need more ideas? Check out these Guerrilla Marketing techniques books at Amazon.com