Just wanted to pass this thought along.
The normal evolution of an affiliate marketer goes something like this…
1. You realize that the Internet is still “wide open”.
2. You realize you could be making good money and quit your day job.
3. You buy lots of ebooks promising you riches.
4. They confuse you but you try to build a site anyway. It usually stinks.
5. But miraculously you make that first sale and you’re hooked until you get depressed and quit the first time.
6. You repeat this cycle with less enthusiasm but continuing to earn more money.
7. You find some things that work for you over time if you don’t quit forever.
8. You keep coming back because you want a business and don’t know of any other one that costs $10 per month to start and lets you invest as much or as little time as you can in the start up phase. (Though you know that the more you can invest, the faster things will run.)
9. Repeat 1 -5
10. Still not making a full time income? At this point you’ll quit or go back to step 1.
11. If you do keep making incremental progress and keep at it, the odds are that one day “something” will click for you and pay off. You may not become “rich” but you’ll be pretty happy about the stream of income you’ve created.
So don’t give up hope just yet.
Keep finding what works for you.