Popcorn Workers Lung Disables Workers

May 7, 2007 by Chuck | 1 Comment

I’ve heard of “black lung” for coal miners.

I know plumbers who worked with lead pipes who got kidney disease.

Now there’s “Popcorn Workers Lung” first diagnosed over 2 years ago from a chemical used in microwave popcorn.

It produces a deadly permanent bronchitis.

Its victims seem confined to those working in the plant that manufactures it, but nobody knows if eating butter flavored popcorn or inhaling the aroma causes problems.

So this might be another situation where working at home is safer for you, unless you’re inhaling the fumes from the microwave popcorn.

In Working At Home

Related Posts

Related Resources

Comments

  • danakeith on May 28th, 2008 at 1:42 am

    What is this? Haven’t heard of this issue before, I just know awhile ago, thank God i happen to read this post.

Leave a Reply